National Talent Search Examination
There is a two-stage selection process for award of scholarship. For Stage – I, selection will be done by States/UTs through the written examination. Each State/Union Territory has been allotted a quota to recommend a specific number of candidates for the Stage – II examination, the details of which are available on NCERT website (www.ncert.nic.in). Students who qualify Stage – I will be eligible to appear for Stage – II examination conducted by NCERT.
Identification of talent comprises a two-stage selection process.
NTSE Stage- I conducted by the State / UT (usually in November) – FOR CLASS X STUDENTS
NTSE Stage-II conducted at the National Level (usually in May) – FOR Stage-I Qualified Students only
Stage-I : State level examination
The first level exam is the state level examination, which has two parts for nominating the required number of candidates for the second level test to be conducted by the DSERT.
Part-I: Mental Ability Test (MAT), and
Part-II:Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)(with questions on History, Civics, Geography, Economics, Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.)
Stage – II : National level examination
Candidates acquiring more than the required percentage in the state level examination and standing within a specified number of top ranks (state quota) are eligible to appear for the national level examination (about top 4000 students from the entire country). The national level examination has two parts for nominating the required number of candidates for the interviews to be conducted by the NCERT in May:
Part-I: Ability Test (MAT)
Part-II:Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)(as given above)
- Conducting Body: NCERT (National Council of Education Research and Training)
- Exam Mode: Offline
- Medium of Question Paper: The question paper will be asked in both English & Hindi Language.
- Type of Questions: Objective Type Questions (Stage 1: 200 Questions), (Stage 2: 200 Questions)
- Duration of Exam: 120 Minutes ( For each part)
- Sections: 2 (Mental Ability Test and Scholastic Ability Test)
NTSE Scholarship/ Fellowship
- Rs. 1250 per month for Class 11-12
- Rs. 2000 per month for UG and PG level
- As per UGC norms for research level